Job Opening: Project Manager for the Future of Public Education Project
People for Education is launching a multi-year initiative to explore the Future of Public Education.
The Future of Public Education is a five-year pan-Canadian project to support system change in public education, so that students will graduate from high school with the skills and competencies they need to succeed, whatever path they choose.
The initiative will combine a facilitated foresight process, with working tables, research, policy analysis and development, and a broad communications and engagement strategy.
It will be overseen by a diverse national advisory committee of experts, leaders, and young people representing fields, interests, and perspectives inside and outside of education.
We are seeking a Project Manager to oversee the project’s activities.
The Project Manager, reporting to People for Education’s Research Program Director, and with support from People for Education staff, will be responsible for coordinating and managing the Future of Education project. It will involve working closely with a National Advisory Committee of experts, a range of stakeholders, and PFE staff.
The Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying and sequencing the activities required to meet the project goals, and determining the resources needed to successfully complete the project
- Developing a project plan
- Working closely with People for Education’s Research Program Director to organize, set agendas, and support Advisory Committee meetings
- Contributing to a communications strategy for the project in partnership with PFE communications staff
- Determining the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated
- Updating and maintaining project plans and documenting and presenting status reports
- Writing reports to funders
- Ensuring that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and at the required level of quality
- Relevant and demonstrated project management and research experience managing large, multi-pronged initiatives
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability and experience delivering results within tight deadlines and in complex environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across a range of products and channels (bilingual in French an asset)
- Strong interpersonal, team leadership, and collaboration skills, and capacity to work with leaders from multiple fields
- A proven ability to build and maintain relationships, both within an organization and with external partners
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Project Management Software or equivalent
- A relevant graduate degree and experience working in a nonprofit organization or similar environment
People for Education is committed to employment equity.
Salary range: $65,000 – $75,000
This is a one-year contract position, with the potential for renewal pending results from year one and the development of specific deliverables in subsequent years.
Applications should include a letter explaining your interest and fit, and your understanding of our work, as well as a CV and at least two writing samples.
Please send your application with the subject line “Project Manager”, bundled as a single PDF to: [email protected]
Closing date: May 24, 2019